Spice Girls Daily

Spice Girls Daily

Melanie B Plays Mean



She’s been known as Scary Spice for years, but it looks like the title of “scary judge” could be the next name given to larger-than-life singer Mel B!

When we caught up with the feisty new judge, who joins Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Guy Sebastian and Ronan Keating on the second season of Channel Seven’s reality show The X Factor Australia, the former Spice Girl certainly made it clear there was no time for post-work dinners or hangout sessions with her co-stars.

“Well, I’m not here to make friends,” the 36-year-old pop star says. “I’m literally here to make sure my contestants get given the most amount of confidence from me, and have fun doing it. I don’t mince my words – I get to the point and keep it moving.”

While becoming besties with her new co-stars isn’t on the agenda, Mel admits that after being approached by Simon Cowell – the brains behind the original UK show – she couldn’t wait to head down under to deliver her opinions on the local talent.

She’s also been busy watching plenty of Aussie TV – even taking note of some other fierce females on the small screen.

“I find Sonia Kruger hilarious,” Mel reveals. “She made everybody on edge [during Dancing With The Stars]. She’s funny!”

After taking out the runner-up position in the US version of Dancing With The Stars, Mel says contestants need to toughen up when venturing into talent shows.

“I’m not a complainer – I just get on with it,” she states matter-of-factly. “Too many people are pussies these days. Just get on with it!”

No doubt budding stars across the country will be shaking in their boots when they audition in front of Scary Spice!

For more on The X Factor Australia, be sure to grab next week’s issue of TV WEEK to read our chat with fellow judge Ronan.

Source : TV Week
 

Copyright © Spice Girls Daily All Rights Reserved • Design by Dzignine
best suvaudi suvinfiniti suv